Sunday, June 14, 2020

5 Enid Blyton Books (And Quotes!) That Will Take You Back To Your Childhood

I was 10 years old when I first came across my sister's novel 'The Naughtiest Girl is a Monitor'. Being an avid reader of random short stories from quite a young age, I decided to give this thick book (from the pov of little me) a try. And boy, was that one of the most wonderful decision of my life. I was hooked! 

It has almost been a decade now, and to this day, Enid Blyton remains my go to author whenever I'm in distress. I cannot imagine my childhood (and teen years) without the charming characters of her brilliant books captivating my heart and mind. 
So without further ado, here are some of the best books (series) by Enid Blyton which made me fall in love with novels in the first place —

1) The Naughtiest Girl Series

What else can I say about my very first love? The Naughtiest Girl is a book series about Elizabeth Allen, a spoiled girl who's sent away to a boarding school, Whyteleafe due to her misbehavior and antics. Therefore, as an angry young girl, she decides to continue her antics as the Naughtiest Girl in the school. But soon realises that her ideas would bear no fruit. This series about boarding schools and students trying to turn over a new leaf and become a better person was a big inspiration to me in my childhood and I'm sure you'll love it too. 

2) The Famous Five

Oh, how I loved to go on so many adventures with the famous five! The Famous Five follow the adventures of four kids — Julian, Dick, Anne and George (Georgina) along with their dog, Timmy. These five meet during their school holidays which often leads up to them getting caught up in some adventure or the other, whether it is catching dangerous criminals or finding out secret tunnels and treasures. The sense of responsibility and maturity inculcated in the characters inspires the reader to strive for the same. 

3) St. Clare's Series/ Malory Towers Series

I'm absolutely in love with these two series by Enid Blyton. They are almost based on the same storyline of girls boarding school, however, don't mistake this similarity to be boring! These series are a great treat to read, especially in times of worry or distress, they never fail to provide me comfort and happiness in the friendships and values of the characters. I learnt so much from these books and honestly, I still long for a midnight feast of my own. The beautiful values of friendships, bravery, kindness and personality building that I learnt from these books will stay with me forever. 

4) The Faraway Tree Series/ Wishing Chair Series

These fantastical series by Enid Blyton takes us out of the world (quite literally!) In the Faraway Tree Series, there's an enchanted forest which consists of a gigantic magical tree with huge braches going on into the clouds. Three kids, Joe, Frannie and Beth, discover this forest and go to a number of magical places on the top of the tree. In a similar manner, Mollie and Peter, two kids, discover a magical wishing chair which takes them on a variety of different adventures along with their pixie friend, Chinky. These series widened my imagination so much and made me fall in love with adventures. The happiness these books gave me while reading was beyond measure and I can't wait for you all to try them! 

5) The Amelia Jane Series

The Amelia Jane Series is based on the exciting adventures of a rag doll from the toy cupboard and how it annoys and gets into competition with the other toys of the house. It gives a feel of the Toy Story movie and I really enjoyed reading about Amelia's antics and her realisations in the books. 

Enid Blyton was an amazing writer and despite the various criticism towards her writings, she will always remain a part of my childhood. She made sure to include so many moral values and characteristics of personality building in young children and her characters made me to be a sincere and honest person. I recommend her books for all age types, for the young ones to learn from it, and the old ones, to take you back to your childhood and live in the fantastic world of Enid Blyton. 

xoxo, Pop Notch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 BOOK SERIES YOU MUST READ BEFORE YOU TURN 20

Teenage is a magical time of discovery and love. As we enter the enchanting age of 13, our world changes. We become more aware o...