Sunday, June 14, 2020

18 Quotes from The Siren by Kiera Cass which will Make You Fall in Love with Life Again

I've always been a Kiera Cass fan. Ever since The Selection came out in 2012, I have been obsessed with collecting and reading her books, be it the five books of the series or the short novellas like The Prince and The Queen. I was convinced that Kiera Cass could possibly one of the best authors of the present time (after falling I  love with Maxon thrice), until I read The Siren.


The Siren is a novel about a girl, Kahlen, who takes the decision to become a Siren during a tragedy, and is now bound to serve and feed the Ocean for a hundred years, along with her Siren sisters. However, she always regrets taking this decision in haste. Time goes on, but trouble arises when she falls in love. 
Cliché? Not really. 


Reading The Siren was a spectacular moment of witnessing beauty in art. Full of romance, friendships, pain, regret, longing and love, it is a full package that anyone could ask for. This book will keep you hooked and leave you craving to read just one more moment of Kahlen and Akinli or wondering about the Siren sisters. 


Here are some of my favourite quotes from The Siren by Kiera Cass which will leave you wanting more —

1) It's funny what you hold on to, the things you remember when everything ends.


2) "We're singers. Sirens. Servants to the Ocean," Marilyn explained. "We help Her. We feed Her."


3) I wish I could explain to her how a full life cut short was better than an empty life that dragged on. 


4) We'd played this game hundreds of times over the years as a means of keeping our spirits up. I'd considered being a doctor so I could make amends for all the lives I'd taken. A dancer, so I could practice controlling my body in every capacity. A writer, so I could find a way to use my voice whether I spoke or not. An astronaut, in case I needed to put extra space between the Ocean and me. I had just about exhausted every possibility.


5) "She must have a really wonderful dream often enough to make the bad ones worth it."


6) How magical it was just to be a normal girl.


7) I couldn't stay forever.
But at least I could stay for a day.


8) "Where in the world did you come from, you beautiful, silent girl?"


9) It hurt so much to speak. To sing. To laugh. My voice was death, and I hated it.


10) Books were a safe place, a world apart from my own. No matter what had happened that day, that year, there was always a story in which someone overcame their darkest hour. I wasn't alone.


11) Couples were like sirens, making their own languages and signs, their own worlds.


12) "Don't be silly," I wrapped my arm around her. "There's always room for love. Even if it's small as a crack in a door. That will be enough."


13) "Who cares? If you're happy, then that's all that matters."


14) "We'll figure this out", I promised. "I won't let you sink" and I swore I could hear Akinli's voice saying "Hurry".


15) "How could he see past the beauty I have given you to your true self, especially when you could not speak with him?"


16) "I cannot explain how two souls join. No man or element or God ever could. But you are tied to each other. Because of that - because of your true, consuming, pure love - you will thrive together or you will perish together."


17) "You are tied through your souls. Now what happens to one body happens to the other."


18) "How could two people from such different worlds connect without words?"


So these were some of the most beautiful quotes by Kiera Cass. I hope you enjoyed reading them and would soon read the book too ( or re-read it for the 5th time!). Have fun, happy reading! 

Until next time, 

xoxo, Pop Notch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

5 BOOK SERIES YOU MUST READ BEFORE YOU TURN 20

Teenage is a magical time of discovery and love. As we enter the enchanting age of 13, our world changes. We become more aware o...