Saturday, June 13, 2020

12 Quotes from The Fault in Our Stars That Will Make You Fall in Love with The Book Once Again

It's been 8 years since our ever favourite, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green came out but we're still not over it yet. Augustus Waters still owns our hearts and Hazel Grace is forever in our our mind and memories. I miss them a lot and I'm sure you all do too. So let's take a walk down the memory lane and bask in the beauty of their words once more —

1)“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”


2) “My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”


3) “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”


4) “I'm in love with you," he said quietly.
"Augustus," I said.
"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.”


5) “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”


6) “What a slut time is. She screws everybody.”


7) “The marks humans leave are too often scars.”


8) “Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”


9) “The world is not a wish-granting factory.”


10) “Books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.”


11) “Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.”


12) “Maybe 'okay' will be our 'always”

Aah. I'm not crying, you're crying. :') 

xoxo, Pop Notch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 BOOK SERIES YOU MUST READ BEFORE YOU TURN 20

Teenage is a magical time of discovery and love. As we enter the enchanting age of 13, our world changes. We become more aware o...